Thursday, May 2, 2013

Racing Memories

As I was falling asleep last night I considered all of the things that I wanted to capture on this blog, all of the memories that I needed to share in a space that was unforgiving but separate from my own mind. These thoughts raced aggressively in my immediate consciousness as if they were competing with both each other and my present for escape.  Over the next hour of fighting for sleep, I soothed my anxiety by reminding myself that if these memories have lasted this far in my life I wouldn't lose them overnight. Furthermore, after hindering and blocking my previous attempts at excision, through various other psychological and spiritual methods, this time they must be treated with a unique type of respect. As it stands this morning, nothing has been lost but much waits impatiently to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment